Tuesday, January 14, 2014

God First

The next few weeks I want to break down what we resolved to do in week one of this 52 week long devotion. So bare with me for a few weeks as we dive further into God's word and we dive further into being firm in purpose for Him and make our faith in Him visible to others!

The first thing we resolved to do was to put God first in EVERYTHING! God wants to be first in our life all the time with nothing before Him. Deuteronomy 4:24 says, "For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.” He wants you to put Him first. He wants you to Love Him with all your heart, all your mind, and with all your Strength. (Deuteronomy 6:5 & many others!) Besides what a great promise we find in Matthew 6:33; “Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”

When I really think about the verse in Matthew, and I put that into thought of my life, and what I have had or have, it is very clear to me that by putting God first the rest of my life seems to just fall perfectly into place according to His will and plan for my life. When I put God first I am being obedient and God rewards the obedient. Isaiah 1:19 says, “If you are willing and obedient you will eat the good things of the land.” You have to be willing to be obedient. It is a choice that we have to make to be obedient and put God first in all things!


I would like to challenge you this week to start your day with God first. I know life gets busy with work, family, and the everyday tasks of life, but I seriously think that if you can take 3 minutes every morning to just pray and ask God for His light, guidance, and strength that the day may seem to go a little easier. It is OK if you forget as God knows your heart, but just slip Him a few words and let Him know every day that He is your first thought. If you want the extra challenge go ahead and make Him the last thought before bed too and tell Him thanks for your day.  


With Love and God's Blessing, 
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment